Friday, February 22, 2008

Fuming...

Tonight I feel annoyed, chafed, cross, displeased, enraged, exasperated, fiery, fuming, furious, galled, heated, ill-tempered, incensed, indignant, inflamed, infuriated, irate, nettled, outraged, piqued, provoked, raging, resentful, riled, sore, splenetic, storming, vexed, and wrathful.

About exactly a year ago I let an employee go because he just wasn't working out. It took me nearly 3 months to find his replacement. I invested the last 9 months in training and developing this new guy. Today the new guy resigned.

Mrrhh!

He was just getting to the point where he was paying for himself. Now we're down a person and I expect I'll have to turn away business just as things are picking up. I don't have enough people to do the work.

And I have to start the whole hiring and training cycle all over again.

So if you're looking for a job, know something about programming and databases, and like to travel, leave me a comment. Or tell your friends and relatives.

It is hard to play good music when you're pissed. But the concert is tomorrow night. By that time I will have calmed down.

2 comments:

Mark Saner said...

If you e-mail me a job description I'll pass it on to some people. If you want fresh meat I can hand it off to the Comp Sci prof out here. My boss also has a host of experienced connections he could pass it on to.

Floyd Saner said...

At least you still have enough humor, structure or anal tendencies to list all your outrage in alphabetical order!!!

Sometimes I feel like stepping out in a new direction - like S.J. But, damn it, working together would probably ruin our close friendship. Still, I wonder...