Monday, February 25, 2008

The truth behind humor vrs. anal tendencies...

To the comment on the previous post re: putting my anger in alphabetical order, the real answer is 'None of the above.'

The truth is that for maybe the first time in my life I found a Thesaurus actually helped me find better words than the one I had in mind. I did remove some of them, but basically it was Highlight, Control C, Alt-Tab, Control P. So the real real answer is laziness.

To those who have expressed concern, things looked up today when I received a couple of resumes over the weekend from people who look like they are worth interviewing. And, as one friend pointed out to me, I can either exude negative energy and continue being angry or I can get over it and imagine how good it is going to feel when the right person shows up at my door. I confess I hate to let go of righteous indignation and self pity, but it really doesn't get me anywhere.

Besides, I learned of another tragedy today that put my difficulties in perspective. Another employee's father-in-law died over the weekend. He had a history of heart problems and he went out volunteering down in Mississippi. That is tragic, but today his son, my colleague's brother-in-law, was killed in a car accident. He was about my age, with college-aged kids. My heart goes out to this family.

No comments: