Fini...
I mentioned earlier this month that I'm learning to knit. Tonight I finished my first project - a six or six and a half foot long scarf. It has all the hallmarks of a novice project - uneven tension, some edges that zig in and out when they "should" be straight.I like my daughter's attitude about this stuff: "I don't knit for the end product, I knit for the fun of it." And my mother's: "That's how you know it is hand made. If you want it perfect, get a machine!"
What I like about knitting is that it just productive enough that you can feel virtuous about spending an hour sitting and pondering life, and it is just mindless enough that you can actually ponder. At least my project was mindless.
And in the end I have a scarf that wraps around my long neck once or even twice if I need it.
You'll notice said "first project". While I first learning to cast on, I thought "I'm going to do this project if it kills me, and then I'll probably never touch it again." This first one didn't kill me, and I'm starting to ponder my next project.
No comments:
Post a Comment