Movers and shakers...
When I moved last month I got high fives when I explained that although I was moving a piano my volunteers were relieved of the duty: I was going to use the professionals.So today Chupp moved Ben's and my piano into my new place. It is a brute - an 1893 Steinway upright - and about as heavy a piano as is made. This according to Chupp. who knows pianos. The three of them handled it like a very large and heavy egg. I had no qualms paying their fee: we would have broken our backs, crashed the piano and damaged my home.
It is a beauty: mahogony; with a big rich sound. Very full and potent.
I don't know why I think I'll have time to play it. Maybe it is just the idea. But I'd like to find some literature that is accessible: interesting but not so challenging that I can't play it well. It would also be fun to get off the page. Were Mary Jo still in town I'd be thinking of lessons again.
Thanks Sharon, for pushing me not to let this one go.
1 comment:
You are most welcome! I'm delighted for you.
Post a Comment