Ribs...
Years ago a family dinner in the summer meant spare ribs grilled at my folks. So late this morning when I was thinking about how after three weeks my mother still hadn't stopped by my house and seemed to think she needed a printed invitation before she would darken the door, I decided to invite her and my brother's family over for dinner, and ribs seemed like the only possible menu.It turns out the invitation didn't need to be printed - she came on the strength of a phone call - and brought fresh sweet corn and cream puffs. Marilyn brought two outstanding salads. Nora baked chocolate chip cookies packed with, well, chocolate chips. And Pete gave me needed advice on using the new Weber grill.
Did I mention I was stuffed? And satisfied. Happy.
Great food and a nice family housewarming party. There were even a couple big ribs and cream puffs left over. We missed you, Joe.
Local readers: I have a lot of left over iced tea, made from spearmint from my back yard. By tomorrow I'll have lots of ice. Stop in before 4pm for a glass. If you think you need a printed invitation, here is what you do: Select File, Print at the top of the screen!
So I'm slowly settling into the new house. Funny, it doesn't feel like digs. It feels like my place.
1 comment:
Wish I coulda been there, too!
Post a Comment