Sweet revenge...
This morning I revisited the scene of the poison ivy attack and lo and behold, there it was. I didn't recognize it until I saw the tiny new leaves: three in a cluster, jagged edge, red stems. What I had seen were the humongous elderly leaves. They were so big (and spread out along the stem) that I didn't know them.I used a pitch fork to untangle the vine from the fence. It's rooted directly beneath the fence, right up against the root of a medium-sized maple. Magically it fell into my neighbor's yard. I've seen my neighbor exactly three times. He sometimes mows his lawn, but he doesn't do hedges or fence row clean up. So when I walked into John Hall's and found Roundup on sale for $4, I bought it, brought it home, leaned over the fence and foamed that poison ivy to kingdom come. Environmental purism and property lines be damned.
The itch hasn't been too bad. I'm on claritin and the hc, and a friend recommended taking a couple teaspoons of cream of tartar with some juice, so I'm even trying that. It falls under the general theory of anything that tastes this bad is probably good for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment