Monday, August 13, 2007

Dream based exploration...

No way I can add anything funny or serious to this commentary on Rove's departure. Where does she come up with this stuff?

Tonight I had my own dream based exploration. Ever since I moved in I've been contemplating my back yard. Over the weekend I sketched up my master plan, which includes a couple of small raised bed vegetable gardens, an herb garden, and the general goal of attracting some birds. This is a five year plan which will get modified as I go, but I have to start somewhere.

So tonight I invited Jerry over for his critique. (Jerry needs a little sign that says "Will work for Heineken".) He liked it, and had some good suggestions. Things like 'How about some berries over here?' and 'Make sure you only work on it when its fun.' and 'Don't be too ambitious at the start.'

I'm really happy about my plan, and the prospect of playing in the dirt. And I like the edible yard too. I think it has something to do with being a middle-aged white guy and putting down new roots.

No comments: