Just before I went to bed last night, L sent me a story in one of the Toronto papers describing some guy's border crossing early Monday morning. It had been complicated because he used the mobile app, and didn’t have a critical update. I had used the same version to queue my trip and I realized I would run into the same problem. So I redid my application using the browser version of the questionnaire and got the correct information loaded. (The mobile app didn’t let you upload pictures of your vaccination card.)
So I left home a few minutes after 6 this morning. The drive to the border was uneventful. When I got to the border, the line was short (shorter because I have Nexux), and they looked over all my paperwork. Then they handed me a little box labeled test kit, and sent me to the line for testing. I waited in line for an hour, and then (with supervision) swabbed my own nose, turned over the sample to the helpful Red Cross person and drove off. I was released from quarantine, and stay released unless the test returns a positive sample.
So two hours later the hugging started. The kids are at day care and day camp. We’re going to leave soon to pick them up,
2 comments:
WOOHOO!!! So great to have eggs AND bacon!! (And physical presence!) ...would love to see pics!
I can show pics later today in person.… have some concerns about children’s privacy on this platform.
Post a Comment