Monday, July 05, 2021

And the next…

The urgent care center does the RT PCR test, which is accepted by the Canadians. I had a negative test result in about 15 minutes, and just completed my ArriveCAN app. I have an ID number to give the border agent, and an appointment scheduled for 11am Tuesday.

So I have bacon. Tomorrow I see if they give me the eggs. Time to get packed!

2 comments:

Jonathan S said...

Yay!! It's about D... Time!! Prayers for safe and uneventful travels, wondrous time with the littles, and deep peace.

So what is the 11am appt for? to confirm negative when arriving in country? (so no quarantine?

MAWG said...

Not sure why they have you state estimated arrival time… maybe helps them predict staffing requirements.

It was kind of weird, you don’t actually wait for a negative test result. Essentially all you do is take the test and then your quarantine is waived (as a fully vaccinated person) unless you test positive. But while you’re waiting for the test result you do not need to quarantine. It seemed kind of backwards, but I repeated the instructions back to the border person to make sure I understood them.