Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Slip-slidin' 2

Did you know that hurrying doesn't pay?

The roads were clear this morning and I chose to bike to work - ignoring the snow warnings for midday. However I couldn't ignore the 1/4" of snow that stuck to the roads by the time I was heading home.

It was great for the first 3/4 mile - wind was behind me, the track worn clean by the cars seemed to have good traction - I was moving right along.

But there was a car closing in behind me and I wanted to get off the road before he caught up to me. I tried to approach the turn from a high angle, but I would have been smarter to slow way down first.

I got away with a cut on my knee, a pair of torn trousers, and a slightly bruised ego.

It all turned out ok, but next time I'll take the bus or slow way down.

No comments: