Food event you shouldn't miss...
I first heard of Joel Salatin when I read Michael Pollan's
The Omnivore's Dilemma. This book radically changed my thinking about what I eat, and Salatin was a central character in the book. I'm going to be hard pressed to make it to this, but I urge everyone in the area to get there. Here is the announcement that was in the local CoC newsletter today:
Local Food to the Rescue: an Evening with Joel Salatin - Internationally renowned “local/sustainable food” advocate Joel Salatin presents “Local Food to the Rescue!” at the old Goshen Theater (216 S. Main St.) on Tuesday, at 6:30 pm. Salatin is a terrific speaker in the sustainable/local ag movement. His presentation will highlight "buy local" economic principles and is geared toward the food consumer, as well as the producer.www.millrace.org/Calendar
1 comment:
wow cool! i wish i could go
Post a Comment