Monday, January 12, 2009

Follow up to Breaking News...

Trust Google to know when something is being written about them. By late Sunday night they posted this rebuttal to the research reported in the Sunday Times (London). By 4pm today they had added a link to a new story where the original researcher rebutted the Times story.

Update - Originally I wrote a long post here that described how I used the web to make at least a 100x reduction in my CO2 generation tonight. The Internet provided information so I could walk instead of drive to run an errand.

But that post missed the main point: North Americans have a moral responsibility to the rest of the world to curb our disproportionate consumption of resources and our environmental impact. My little exercise comparing walking versus driving is fine but in reality we all need to do a lot more. For example, I could lay another 10 inches of insulation in my attic and insulate my basement. The list goes on and on. How much am I really willing to change?

No comments: