Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Time for a change...

I'm writing this a few minutes after everyone declared Ohio for Obama. Most pundits are saying it will be a rout.

They took a poll this morning at the conference I'm attending and 58% of the attendees are voting for McCain, while Obama and Homer Simpson tied at 17% each. I'm mostly keeping my mouth shut so the rest of you have to celebrate on my behalf.

Yesterday I heard two different McCain supporters offering prayer for McCain. What does it do to your theology when your prayers aren't answered?

3 comments:

Floyd Saner said...

MAWG, what conference are at? I'm at a distance ed conference in Florida and the sentiments here are quite different from what you have encountered - lots and lots of Obama support. When I worked in industry, I often found myself surrounded by conservative Republicans. Ah, one of the advantages of being in higher ed is the more liberal environment!!!

I flew down a day early to have a day at the beach. I went to the Atlantic coast yesterday but it was cloudy, quite cool and very windy - bummer!! Maybe I can sneak out of Friday sessions a bit early and try the beach again. I fly back Saturday.

Joe Miller said...

Oh, God answered their prayers loud and clear!

Where the hell are you, anyway?

MAWG said...

I'm at a manufacturing conference in Boston. It is a hotbed of conservatism in a very blue region.