This and that...
This has been a relatively quiet weekend at home. Last night I hosted a birthday party for #1 daughter. I enjoy entertaining, and it really is good to have company over once in a while because it forces me to clean house.But cleaning house means I don't get around to weeding my flower beds. I'm getting so far behind on that point that I'm about ready to hire some help. If you know any reliable middle school kids that would like to earn a few bucks and get some dirt under their fingernails, have them call me.
Golf this afternoon was a mediocre game. I bogeyed the first three holes and then deflected a compliment from my playing partner with a "Thanks, but I just haven't had my blow-up hole yet," and the blew up the next hole (quadruple bogey) and then put one in the water on #5 (Timber Ridge) for a triple bogey. Makes me wonder what would have happened if I had said "Thanks, and now it is time for a par." I never did hit a par today.
And from the sublime to the ridiculous...
I was encouraged to hear a brief report on npr about Friday's Judicial Committee hearing into the current "imperial presidency". What I don't understand is why the Democratic congress has taken impeachment "off the table." Did they ever have a spine? (Reminds me of the rubber egg project I did in Grade 5 science: Soak an egg in vinegar for several days and the shell dissolves into a transparent rubber-like coat. One gets the sense that maybe congress isn't all that transparent.) Kucinich gets my respect, but why the comment here about holding hands with his wife? How is that possibly news worthy? (I know she is drop dead gorgeous and 30 years his junior. So?)
Google "house judiciary committee hearing on bush" and bloggers dominate the top 20. Three national newspapers and ABC news have a story, but the MSM doesn't seem to give this much play. They're part of the problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment