Incontrovertible proof...
I think I have it figured out.Which isn't the same thing as 'incontrovertible', but somehow that word has been bouncing around my head this morning and I had to use it.
Yesterday morning I crawled back up in the attic again. And then again. And I got out on the roof and scaled to the top of the dormer to inspect a place where the siding had pulled away from the house. And I looked carefully at the entire soffit, overhang and eves area on the south and east side of my house. It all came back to 'How are they getting in?'
The thing that threw me was that, although you can't see it from the angle of this picture, this vent has a screen in place to block bird and bat entry.
So I think I have the spot they're getting in. It will be easy enough to exclude once the danger to blocking in any babies that can't fly yet is past. In the meantime I'm closing my closet door at night and nobody has been back for a visit.
Time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment