Come by it honestly...
I hope my mother doesn't mind if I quote the email she sent in response to yesterday's post:The word is spelled putzed. Grandma Stalter liked to use that word.I had forgotten.
I suppose all parents use harmless deceptions now and then. The way I got you boys to eat tuna was to say it was chicken of the sea. That happened to be the advertising slogan of one of the brands.
Tonight I took a long walk in the woods hunting the wild dog(wood). Wildflowers and new growth are everywhere. And in one space hundreds of American Beech trees were still holding on to their tissue paper leaves from last year. It was quiet and calming.
It also brought back memories of a trip to the same woods five - maybe six - years ago with my dad. I know it was the last one he made, becoming increasingly housebound after that. I'm sure he would have known all the good hunting places. As it was, I found a beauty.
No comments:
Post a Comment