58...
Last winter the local golf course announced an incredible bargain: a 2 year membership for less than half of what a 1 year membership usually costs. So I (along with nearly a thousand other people) bit.So I can golf all I want, any time I want, and as long as I walk it won't cost me another dime for greens fees.
Today I finally played my first nine holes. I'm getting my money's worth. I'm down to $6.17 per shot. I played - well - badly. A couple years ago I was trying to consistently break 100 on 18 holes - which is a nice round 50/nine. Today's 58 tells me I have some ground to reclaim. (If I had hit 50 it would have cost me $7.31 a shot, so you see what a deal I have going.)
One thing I noticed is that I got kind of emotionally involved in my score. Swearing is not a good sign.
I play much better when I can care just enough to hit the ball right, and not so much that I get upset when I blow it. It is the same kind of loose tension that good violin playing takes.
I'm confident that if I could play 1 full round a week, I could break 100 consistently. But that is 5 hours a week - a big commitment if I'm going to play any music, keep a garden, and a full time job.
In other news - I got my first 4x4 garden bed put together and filled with dirt - almost ready to plant.
No comments:
Post a Comment