Saturday, November 11, 2006

True

Tonight I made up a pot of Leena's Erin's Puréed Butternut Squash Soup and it is every bit as good as she said it is.

I wholeheartedly recommend it. Have to find out if my vegetarian niece and vegan niece-in-law-to-be would vote for it as an alternative to turkey on Thanksgiving.

I've been recovering from a cold. It started in my throat on Tuesday, due, I think, to getting overtired, flying on planes and talking all day. By Friday it had more or less left my throat and moved up into my nose. I took a pile of Vitamin C. I don't know if it helped, or if it was what kept me awake last night. I heard somewhere that V. C could do that. Maybe it was the power of suggestion, but sleep proved elusive. A bit like drinking expresso at 9pm.

Went to the pottery shop today and bought a sweet little honey pot. The sales person said it would be just right for Pooh, and I said said, no, Pooh's would have been a lot bigger.

1 comment:

leena miller said...

i'm so glad you liked the soup! i've made another kind that's really good too. it has butternut squash, leeks, white wine, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon.