Not so random Sunday PM notes
Challenging church service this morning on a number of fronts. I don't begrudge blessing a new marriage in our congregation; on the contrary I wish the couple all the best.
What was challenging was hearing language that marriage is a blessing to the community. It is. But then what to do with the end of a marriage? Failed blessing? Our hymnal has no liturgy for the end of marriage.
Then tonight, Mom and I went to the Memorial service and lit a candle for Dad. It is good to make space to remember and to grieve. Janeen's singing 'Come ye disconsolate' touched deep. And it is OK if the grief of two losses blurs.
Tomorrow morning I leave for Texas on the last of four major trips in as many weeks. I'll be back sometime Wednesday. Getting ready for this has been a challenge due both to time and some software things that aren't working the way I think they should. Wish me luck, patience and presence of mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment