Abundance – in 4 days my mother turns 93.
Scarcity – She is dying. Pancreatic cancer. Doctor said: “Think weeks and months, not months and years.”
Abundance – Last 5 years, Friday breakfast. Coffee. Homemade rolls. Rich conversations. Learning to know each other and ourselves for the first time.
Scarcity – No more rolls.
Abundance – She’s with us. Hospice helps. Pain under control. Alert. Articulate.
Scarcity – Days numbered. Who knows the count?
Abundance –Rich life. I am blessed. I have recipe; and lesson.
Scarcity – She is dying. We live in darkness, in the shadow of death. Literally. We take one day at a time.
Tuesday, January 01, 2013
Gratitude - 100 words...
My pastors asked me to give a 100 word reflection on our situation, on the theme of "Abundance and Scarcity." Here is what I wrote and read on December 30:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment