Eagle Marsh...
I'm in Ft. Wayne on business. Been here since Wednesday night.Before you say, "So sorry to hear it..." I want to tell you about Eagle Marsh. My hotel is in classic hotel row within whining distance of the Interstate. But last night while I was looking for nearby restaurants on Google maps I saw this big open space. So after dinner I took a walk and discovered this rather large wetland that has been reclaimed in the last few years. I think the satellite image on the map was taken before the wetland was reclaimed.
It is about 1/2 mile wide by 2 miles long, and it is a beautiful space filled with lots of interesting wildlife. I spotted a couple of herons and a great egret. There was another bird that I could not identify. I had a very nice sunset walk.
The website provides a lot of information about the reclamation project, and the history of the valley. Turns out this was a major transportation route in the early exploration of this region.
No comments:
Post a Comment