Sunday, June 14, 2009

46 Miles...

The forecast called for light winds from the NE, with temperatures climbing from 56 to 65 before noon, so it seemed like a good morning to go for a cross-country ride. I headed towards Shipshewana because I'd rather have the tailwind on the way home.


View Larger Map

I left at 7:15 and returned home at about 10:30. It was an exhilarating ride up and down hills on quiet county roads.

I've been reading a collection of Wendell Berry's essays, so I think I had a different sense of appreciation for the farms I rode by. The Amish work horses are impressive beasts, and the Amish gardens are enormous and immaculate. They make my little raised beds look like a toy. Which I guess they are.

Now its time to drink, stretch, eat, and rest. My hammock is calling. I feel great.

No comments: