Take a breather...
I was going to walk downtown to pick up a few things for dinner tomorrow night, but it started pouring. So I'll post instead.Since July 4 life has been way too busy, and blogging has not pushed very high up on my list. Part of the problem is that once I get out of the rhythm of blogging, it is kind of hard to get the flow going again. And part of is that I've been unpacking and getting settled in every spare moment that I'm not at work or playing music or doing a zillion other things that seem important at the time.
So I am in my new place. I really like the house. The neighborhood is also great. Two doors down I have Halley and the Comets. My first day here they all brought me "Welcome to the neighborhood" drawings, and a couple days later Lizzy Comet put a drawing in my mailbox. So sweet. I have artwork on my fridge!
Saturday I tore up my dining room carpet. The seller told me that there was good hardwood under the carpet, which they had put down to protect the floor from their dog's toenails. They were right - it is a nice oak floor. I've made that room into my music and dining room. In a couple of weeks I get a piano (1/2 on loan from Ben) and I plan to put it in there. There is nothing that beats hardwood for organic resonance when you're playing violin, so it is really nice.
Another highlight are the four East-facing windows in my bedroom. It is nice to wake up to dawn breaking. I don't know how they'll perform in cold winter months, but right now they are great.
Then of course there is what Chad dubbed the Garage Mahal. Jerry says I puff out my chest when ever I talk about it, but I don't believe him. Still, I know it is the envy of every Red Green male in the city of Goshen.
Speaking of Red Green, I cranked up my ancient shop smith over the weekend and put together some shelving for my kitchen cabinets, and a box for vermiculture. Then Sunday afternoon I stopped over at Lew's Bar and got a bag full of red worms. I am now an organic composter.
I need to get my dishes washed, so posts about my trip to Pelee will have to wait a little longer. Let me know if either of my readers are still out there!
2 comments:
I'm still here. Have you on my RSS aggregator.
Still here. Know what you mean about posting rhythm.
Post a Comment