Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cood in d' noes

Tonight was to be an Owl's practice, but a few minutes ago I canceled out so I could stay home and rest. Sometime this morning I instituted the 'wash my hands each time I touch a kleenex' policy when I realized that the sneezing wasn't from dust. Everybody I know has been fighting colds so I guess it is inevitable that I'd land one. I think this is the second of the winter. Blech. I looked in a mirror this afternoon and wondered if I was turning into a raccoon thanks to the black circles under my eyes.

All of a sudden I have a bunch of music gigs coming up. The Schmaltzentrubers agreed to play a few tunes for a fund raiser for the Northridge Dollars For Scholars programs next Tuesday.

This Saturday night the MCCO is playing a concert with music by Mozart, Telemann and Villa-Lobos. The Mozart (Symphony #35) is pushing my chops, and I've been putting a lot of practice time in. I wish both my fingers and memory moved faster. But it is a beautiful piece of music. The Villa-Lobos is the sleeper on the program.

Finally, next Saturday night (the 28th) the Owls are playing for the Empty Soup Bowl benefit. You will have to donate to attend this one - $15 for a bowl and supper.

Come on out to any and all of these.

Speaking of music, last Sunday afternoon I got over to ND to hear the Turtle Island SQ. Great music.

Last but not least, it isn't to late to catch my friend Floyd's blog about his time in Guatamala. Great photos about his hike last weekend on an active volcano. Wish I was there.

No comments: